I recently had the pleasure of reading an advanced copy of Relocating For An Entry Level Job: Why You Probably Have To & How To Do It by Heather Huhman (of Come Recommended). It’s a great read and it’s one of the few eBooks that I would recommend to all Entry Level Job Seekers.
Here’s a sneak preview:
On with the review…
What I liked:
- Heather has a great, straight-forward writing style. She gets right to the point and shares information that is bound to help all Entry Level Job seekers.
- This book has tons of information on everything from major city data, to networking tips, to how to budget for the inevitable move. This is an extremely thorough resource on a topic that is often overlooked by new grads.
- Loved the style and branding. The professionalism shines through in everything Heather does.
Areas For Improvement:
- At times, the first half reads less like a book and more like a detailed set of PowerPoint slides. This becomes less of an issue as you get into the later chapters.
- Many of the statistics were from 2008 and now that we are already in 2010, I fear that the content will be dated before long.
An excellent read from a very talented career expert. I would recommend this eBook to anyone who is looking for an Entry Level Job.